Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Emergency Preparedness - From Natural Disasters to Pandemics
Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 1:00 PM until 4:00 PM
NC Emergency Operations Center
1636 Gold Star Drive
Raleigh, NC 27607
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only
William Ray, new Director of NC Emergency Management Keynote Speaker
- William Ray was appointed director of Emergency Management in July 2021 and is charged with leading efforts to ensure the state’s preparedness and coordinating needed staff and resources to support local responses to, and recovery from, all hazards and threats. He also serves as the state’s deputy homeland security advisor and a member of the State Emergency Response Commission.
- Emergency Operations Center staff meteorologists will discuss the weather outlook for 2021
Evelyn Cook, Associate Director
Statewide Program for Infection Control and Epidemiology (SPICE)
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- On January 21, 2021, President Biden issued an Executive Order, declaring that ensuring the health and safety of workers is a national priority. The order directed the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to take action to reduce the risk that workers may contract COVID-19 in the workplace. OSHA has determined that employee exposure to this hazard, SARS-CoV-2, presents danger to workers in all healthcare settings where people with COVID-19 are reasonably expected to be present and that an Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) is necessary to protect employees from such danger. This presentation will provide an overview of those ETS requirements.
Denis Rainey, Sr. Vice President Facilities and Emergency Management at Affinity Living Group
- Preparation in the Assisted Living Environment
Tour of the Emergency Operations Center (optional)
- Should a crisis arise and the NC Emergency Operations Center is activated, the training will be rescheduled.
- The Emergency Operations Center is located within the North Carolina National Guard Joint Force Headquarters near the NC State Fairgrounds in Raleigh.
- The entrance is gated and guarded. A list of registered attendees will be provided at the gate. Upon arrival, please indicate you are attending the NC Senior Living Association Emergency Preparedness training. Be prepared with a photo ID for entry.