With the recent surge in demand for online learning across the state, NCSLA is excited to be at the forefront of an affordable AIT online program available to anyone pursuing a career in the assisted living industry. Students will utilize multiple modalities of on-line forums, reading assignments, quizzes and videos. The format allows for students to work at their own pace and space to complete the classroom requirements of the AIT certification process.
The 100-hour preceptorship in an approved ACH or FCH facility does not change. Nor do the other DHSR AIT certification requirements of a completed background check, application, college transcript and state exam. Scheduled calls between Beth Oakley, the preceptor, and the AIT student are also still a requirement for administrator certification.
The following AL professionals and NCSLA members have loaned their expertise to serve as instructors and subject matter experts:
· Melody Adams, Administrator, Pee Dee Gardens Florence, South Carolina - a DePaul Senior Living Community
· Tara Greene, Administrator, South Fork - a DePaul Senior Living Community
· Jeff Horton, NCSLA Executive Director
· Beth Oakley, NCSLA Director of Education
· Richard Rutherford, Consultant LTSS Consulting, Inc.
· Mark Spaur, Regional Director of Operations, DePaul Adult Care Communities
· Marybeth Terry, PharmD, President, Southern Pharmacy Services
· James Walters, Manager of Recruiting and Development, Affinity Living Group
· Ed Weeks, Executive Director, Blakey Hall Assisted Living
· Jaylee Wilson, LNHA, CALA, CDP, Divisional Vice President of Operations, Division 2, Affinity Living Group
Visit the UNCG website below for course information and registration:
NCSLA/UNCG AIT Online
Printable NCSLA/UNCG Online AIT Flyer