With the recent surge in demand for online learning across the state, NCSLA is excited to be at the forefront of an affordable AIT online program available to anyone pursuing a career in the assisted living industry. Students will utilize multiple modalities of on-line forums, reading assignments, quizzes and videos. The format allows for students to work at their own pace and space to complete the classroom requirements of the AIT certification process.
The 100-hour preceptorship in an approved ACH or FCH facility is the same as the in-person trainings. All other Division of Health Service Regulation AIT certification requirements, including a completed background check, application, college transcript and state exam must be submitted. Scheduled calls between the NCSLA Director of Education, the AIT preceptor, and the AIT student are also required for administrator certification.
The following AL professionals and NCSLA members have loaned their expertise to serve as instructors and subject matter experts:
- Melody Adams, Administrator, Pee Dee Gardens Florence, South Carolina
- Tara Greene, Divisional Vice President of Operations, ALG Senior
- Jeff Horton, NCSLA Executive Director
- Beth Oakley, NCSLA Director of Education
- Richard Rutherford, Consultant LTSS Consulting, Inc.
- Marybeth Terry, PharmD, President, Southern Pharmacy Services
- James Walters, Manager of Recruiting and Development, ALG Senior
- Ed Weeks, Executive Director, Blakey Hall Assisted Living
- Jaylee Wilson, LNHA, CALA, CDP, Divisional Vice President of Operations, Division 2, ALG Senior
Visit the UNCG website below for course information and registration:
NCSLA/UNCG AIT Online
Printable NCSLA/UNCG Online AIT Flyer